Tagg's Island has a long history of developmental prospecting and foiled plans. A lot of people seem to have lost a lot of money trying to make their fortune here. It was in 1872 that Thomas Tagg opened The Thames Hotel, attracting the rich and famous, and giving the island its current name.
|Tagg's Island bridge|
|Tagg's Island bridge - going up|
|Tagg's Island bridge - going down|
|Tagg's Island houseboats|
Building is not allowed on the island, so a ring of more than 60 luxury houseboats line the island. The addition of an inner lagoon in 1983 created extra space for mooring.
|Tagg's Island sign|
|Small islet set adrift from Tagg's Island|
Tagg's Island has a floating B&B
Tagg's Island history
More history, greater detail